I visited Disney World this week and have many small items to report:
Despite its inclusion on the “official” maps, the Pioneer Hall machine is gone.
The arcade machines at the Yacht & Beach Club and Animal Kingdom Lodge have been moved outside the doors from inside the arcades, offering 24-hour access.
The reason the Contemporary Resort machines were moved inside the arcade: the lobby where they used to reside has been taken over by Disney Security to screen bags and people before they get on the monorail. The other resorts on the monorail line have also introduced screening at the monorail entrances.
Although the camera shop and Celebrity 5 & 10 have fully reopened at Hollywood Studios, the machine that used to occupy the corridor between those two stores is gone.
The “official” maps fail to disclose the two machines at Animal Kingdom’s Outpost Shop, but they’re still there.
The Legends of Hollywood machine featuring Cinderella designs is gone, and has been for some time.
The Port Orleans machines have been moving around. Here’s the current status:
- the music themed machine is inside the Jackson Square store at the French Quarter
- the Winnie the Pooh machine is still in Fulton’s General Store at Riverside
- the machine with Steamboat Willie is in the Riverside lobby
- the machine with Grumpy is at the other end of the Riverside lobby
- the machine with Sleepy is at the back of Fulton’s General Store next to the package delivery service counter
- there are no machines in the food courts at either Riverside or French Quarter
At Caribbean Beach Resort, the food court area is being renovated. All machines located in that area (outside Goombay Games arcade) are inaccessible.